Candy IS PERMITTED under the following conditions:
- You must have walkers to pass out candy & walkers must be able to maintain the parade pace while distributing candy
- Candy should be tossed to the curb area . Do not throw into the crowd and do not pass out hand to hand as that will slow down your parade entry and create parade gaps.
- Keep all candy / treats / items out of the parade path to eliminate the risk of children darting into the parade path to retrieve items
- Do not throw candy from moving parade units
- Parade entries that are causing gaps will be asked to SPEED UP so be aware that you may have to leave your walkers behind in the event that you do not have a parade entry with enough room to transport all of your walkers. We highly advise that you have a trailer or a large enough vehicle, or number of vehicles to transport your walkers in the event of a parade gap. We do not ever want to have to separate walkers from their parade entry, however we do need to close gaps so spectators don't start to disassemble early.